Prana VS Qi
Chakras are energy focal points like the 3 dantians (丹田). Although most people have heard of seven chakras, there are actually 114 in the body. The human body is a complex energy form; in addition to the 114 chakras, it also has 72,000 nadis (energy channels), equivalent to the 12 standard meridians (脉络), along which the qi (气) counterpart, prana (vital energy) moves. When the nadis meet at different points in the body, they form a triangle, this triangle is called a chakra, meaning ‘wheel’. It is called a wheel because it symbolizes growth, dynamism and movement, though actually a triangle, it is called a chakra. Some of the centers are very powerful, while others are not as powerful. At different levels, they produce different qualities in a human being. The 107 marma points in Ayurveda also corresponds to many of the 361 TCM acupoints.
Fundamentally, any spiritual path can be described as a journey from the base chakra, the “Mooladhara,” located at the base of the spine, to the “Sahasrara” which is located at the top of the head. This path of movement from the Mooladhara to Sahasrara is from one dimension to the other, happening in many different ways.
Chakra is triangular in shape: the firmest shape because any added force is evenly spread through all three sides. Formed when nadis meet at different in the body.
Associated colours are according to the pure spectral colour:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
The associated frequencies are Solfège solmization:
- UT – 396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear (the 1st Chakra)
- RE – 417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change (the 2nd Chakra)
- MI – 528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (the 3rd Chakra)
- FA – 639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships (the 4th Chakra)
- SOL – 741 Hz – Awakening Intuition (the 5th Chakra)
- LA – 852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order (the 6th Chakra)
4 Ruling attitudes:
- Food (the essentials for survival): air, water, light. etc (for the physical body). Information (for the mind).
- Self-identity: Gender, skin colour, socio-economic factors.
- Sense of belonging: the anchor of thy identity; your (childhood) memories because we live based on memories.
1. Mooladhara Chakra (Root Chakra)
Humans are the only animal with upright spinal column (running along the horizontal plane); differentiating us from animals. But interestingly enough, the coccyx runs along the diagonal plane, between the horizontal and vertical plane, making us half animal (instincts) and half human in our foundation.
Location: the coccyx
Endocrine Gland: Adrenals
Associated colour: Red
Associated frequency: 396 Hertz
The physiological parts: Bones, skeletal structure
Emotional issue: Survival/Physical needs like security and shelter.
Number of surrounding nadis: 4
2. The Swadhistana Chakra (Navel chakra)
Location: fourth sacral bone.
Endocrine Gland: Ovaries/testes
Associated colour: Orange
Associated frequency: 417 Hertz
The physiological parts: Sex organs, bladder, prostate, womb
Emotional issue: Sexuality, emotional balance.
Number of surrounding nadis: 6
3. The Manipura Chakra (Solar plexus chakra)
Location: the eighth thoracic vertebra.
Endocrine Gland: Pancreas
Associated colour: Yellow
Associated frequency: 528 Hertz
The physiological parts: Digestive system, muscles
Emotional issue: Personal power and self-will; self-esteem.
Number of surrounding nadis: 10
4. The Anahata Chakra (Heart chakra)
Location: first thoracic vertebra.
Endocrine Gland: Thymus
Associated colour: Green
Associated frequency: 639 Hertz
The physiological parts: Heart, lungs, chest and circulation
Emotional issue: Love and relationships.
Number of surrounding nadis: 12
5. The Vishuddha Chakra (Throat chakra)
Location: third cervical vertebra.
Endocrine Gland: Thyroid and parathyroid
Associated colour: Blue
Associated frequency: 741 Hertz
The physiological parts: Mouth, throat, nose and ears
Emotional issue: Communication and self-expression.
Number of surrounding nadis: 16
6. The Ajna Chakra (Third eye chakra)
Location: first cervical vertebra.
Endocrine Gland: Pituitary
Associated colour: Indigo
Associated frequency: 852 Hertz
The physiological parts: Eyes, and the base of the skull
Emotional issue: Intuition, Wisdom.
Number of surrounding nadis: 2
7. The Sahasrara Chakra (Crown chakra)
Location: the top of the head, slightly to the back.
Endocrine Gland: Pineal
Associated colour: Violet
Associated frequency: 963Hertz
The physiological parts: Upper skull, cerebral cortex, skin
Emotional issue: Beyond any of our known senses.