Going on a yogic/Sattvic diet can be difficult for some people especially if you have a sweet tooth like me! Sattvic diet does not only mean plant-based foods but also food that are rich in Prana (energy). Pranic foods are foods that are whole and unprocessed such as fresh fruits and vegetables and also freshly prepared. It requires avoiding canned and processed food, and foods prepared with chemical fertilizers or sprays. Foods that also prepared with more love and care will add to their Sattvic quality. It is said that a Sattvic diet helps our minds to achieve clarity and calmness and was initially created for the development of higher concentration and consciousness.
Since the start of YTT, I have been more mindful of my diet. While I have not completely gone on a yogic diet, I have largely shifted my diet to a 70% yogic diet and incorporated more fresh food in my daily meals. This is a huge change for me as I’m someone who loves a sweet treat daily – be it chocolate or doughnuts and I always look forward to having these treats! Since being more mindful of my diet, I’ve went to do some research to see how I can still have my sweet treats in a “healthier” and fresher form to make this a more sustainable diet for myself.
Here’s one of the best recipes I’ve tried so far which incorporates pranic foods:
Easy 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Brownies:
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup of raw crunchy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Oil a 20cm x 20cm baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Slowly dd the almond butter and mix with the bananas until smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa powder to the mixture until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake it for 20-25 minutes until it has set.
- Once taken out from the oven, let the brownies completely cool down before cutting it.
Hope you guys enjoy the “naughty” treat like I did! 🙂