This asana is often referred to as the King of Asana. Since this pose is an inversion, it is deeply restorative to the nervous system and can be really grounding. It strengthen the vertebral, legs, arms and lungs. It is not about holding anything too tight instead it is about coming into a place of deep relaxation, gentleness and playfulness.
There are so many benefits of headstands are :-
- calms the mind
- stimulate the pituitary and pineal glands which are so import.
- Alleviates stress and depression
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Strengthen the upper body, spine and core
- Enhance lung capacity
- Stimulate and strengthen abdominal organs
- Boost digestion
- Prevent headache
However, this asana is not for everyone. Avoid this if you have:-
- Neck, shoulder or back concerns
- High or low blood pressure
- Heart condition
Women who are pregnant or menstruating should avoid inversions since it reduces the downward flow in the body, disrupting the natural oflow of menstruation.