KETOGENIC DIET & SATTVIC DIET
Photo sources: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vegetarian-diet-plan
Ketogenic diet also known as Keto diet. Which is an eating plan focuses on food that provide healthy fats, adequate amount of protein and very few of carbohydrates. Keto diet promoted for its powerful effects on weight loss and overall health. Though often associated with animal foods, this way of eating can be adapted to fit plant-based meal plans — including vegan diets. Vegan diets exclude all animal products, making it more difficult to eat low-carbowaxes, with careful planning, vegans can reap the potential benefits of a ketogenic diet.
Sattvic diet is a based-on foods that contain one of the three yogic qualities (guna) known as sattva. In this system of dietary classification, foods that decrease the energy of the body are considered tamasic, while those that increase the energy of the body are considered rajasic. A sattvic diet is sometimes referred to as a yogic diet in modern literature. Sattvic diet can also exemplify Ahimsa, the principle of not causing harm to other living beings. This is one reason yogis often follow a vegetarian diet. A sattvic diet is a regimen that places emphasis on seasonal foods, fruits if one has no sugar problems, nuts, seeds, oils, ripe vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and non-meat-based proteins. Dairy products are recommended when the cow is fed and milked appropriately.
Benefits of Keto diet
- Support weight loss
- Improves ache
- Reduce risk of certain cancel
- Reduce blood sugar and insulin level
Benefits of Sattvic diet
- Easily digestible
- Support weight loss
- Least lifestyle disorders
- Reduce chronic disease risk
- Better immunity system
What food you should eat in Keto diet:
- Fats: Butter, avocado, macadamias, walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, animal fats, lard and etc.
- Protein: Meat, eggs, fish, seafood, beancurd and etc.
- Fiber: vegetable with minimal carbohydrate, low sugar fruits and etc.
- Snack: Greek yogurt, fish skin, blueberry, walnuts, dark chocolate and etc.
- Drink: Plain coffee, Plain tea, plain water, lemon water and etc.
What food you should avoid in Keto diet:
- Processing food: hotdog, fish ball, can, luncheon meat, instant noodle.
- Low quality fats: Peanuts, Margarine and etc.
- Fiber with high carbohydrate: Sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, taro, barley, red bean, green bean and etc.
- High sugar contains fruits: durian, banana, mango, grapes, pear, orange and etc.
- Snack: potato chips, chocolate, dessert and etc.
- Drink contain sugar: milk, milo, coffee, bubble tea, fruits juices and etc.
- Carbohydrates: rice, bread, noodles, oak, potato and etc.
What food you should eat in Sattvic diet:
- Fats: olive oil, sesame oil, red palm oil, flax oil, ghee, walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, unsweetened coconut, flax seeds, etc.
- Protein: Soybean, chickpeas, quinoa, beancurd and unprocessed daily like milk and cottage cheese and etc.
- Carbohydrate: organic rice, whole wheat, spelt, oatmealand barley and etc.
- Fiber: all fruits, vegetables like cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, celery and etc.
- Natural sugar like honey
- Drinks: fresh milk, fresh fruit juice, honey water and etc.
What food you should avoid in Sattvic diet:
- Animal products: seafood, lamb, fish and process dairy product and etc
- Any processing food: kimchi, can food, biscuit, cake and etc.
- Pungent vegetables like hot pepper, leek, garlic and onion and etc.
- Gas-forming foods such as mushroom
- Hot and spicy food, stimulant foods like laksa, deep fried vegetable and etc.
- Drinks: Hot coffee, bubble tea, milkshake, soda and etc.