I have a passion for photography and immediately got intrigued when Master Paalu mentioned about aura photography in one of the afternoon sessions. I became curious about how this all works and if it could help me uncover any mental, emotional, and physical problems. I went to Fu Lu Shou mall to try it.
This is how it works: First, you place your hands on silver sensors for a few seconds. The camera snaps two shots and creates a double exposure Polaroid picture: the first one is a regular portrait and the second is the aura, otherwise known as the electromagnetic field surrounding the body, captured by the hands sensors and matched to a color.
Your aura represents the energies that exist within your body and these energies consist of mental, physical, and spiritual influences. Auras are a representation of who you are and it shows in the colors. The human field changes from time to time, as a function of emotions, health, energy level, and one’s view on life. However, the overall aura remains substantially the same over time.
Every individual’s aura will have a dominant color with different hues and underlying secondary colors. Your dominant aura color usually corresponds to your most dominant chakra. Each chakra is linked to a different color of the rainbow and a different part of your body, from the red root (lower body) to the violet crown (brain). Different colors represent different kinds of personalities:
– Red, Root: Strength, Will Power, New Beginnings, Leadership, Action, Practicality, Passion. Main issue: Grounding, security, survival.
– Orange, Sacral: Creative, Confident, Independent, Collaborative, Excellent People Skills, Loves Challenge. Main issue: Relationships, emotions, sexuality, intimacy.
– Yellow, Solar: Optimistic, Enthusiastic, Open-Minded, Loves Variety and Freedom, Generous, Playful. Main issue: Energy, vitality.
– Green, Heart: Growth, Goal-Oriented, Determined, Focused, Ambitious, Competitive, Perfectionist. Main issue: Balance, love, connection.
– Blue, Throat: Depth of Feeling, Trust, Devotion, Loyalty, Nurturing, Personal Relationships, Supportive, Intuitive, Sensitive. Main issue: communication, healing.
– Indigo, Third Eye: Psychic awareness and intuition, Big picture, Imagination, focuses on the good, Clairvoyance. Main issue: intuition, understanding.
– Purple, Crown: Spiritual, Visionary, Unconventional, Non-Judgmental, Playful, Loves to be Inspired and Delight Others. Main issue: enlightement, transcendence.
In ideal health, for a well-balanced individual, all aura colors are vivid, bright, and clear. The more dominant a chakra, the more likely you are to exhibit the skills and tendencies related to that chakra. If your aura colors are muddy and faded, you suffer from an ailment and your body’s energy output is compromised.
Position of the colours:
– Top of the picture: Everything above the ears represents your consciousness/state of mind.
– Left of the picture: The energy that’s coming in, or the lens you see the world through, your inner qualities.
– Right of the picture: The energy that you’re pushing out, or how the world perceives or sees you.
– An Arch: A goal, an aspiration, or something held in high esteem.
My aura reading:
– Dark, not continuous: This indicates a lot of blockages and that I am afraid to let go or that I am afraid to share myself with others.
– Various colours, indicate I do not have a fixed profile yet, my personnality is not stable and keeps moving. The lack of colour at the top reflects the lack of direction.
– The blue color shows the dominance of the Vishuddha or Throat chakra: it is an emotional color, and it indicates that I feel things very deeply. It shows persistence and individuals who do not let other people down, but also a fear of the future, fear of self-expression, fear of facing or speaking the truth. It indicates that new opportunities are coming. People with a blue aura might also get moody, nervous, and impatient.
– Violet, on the other hand, indicated a highly spiritual and wise person, who is part of a positive change in the world.
– Green represents ambition and career-oriented people. Green wants to work long, hard hours, as long as necessary to achieve its goals.
Overall, even if I was skeptical at the start, I found the experience quite interesting and learnt about the different chakras and associated characteristics. I will also start thinking of ways to use my voice and sense of intuition in more productive, positive ways. I might go to take another shot in a couple of days and see how the colors evolve and if they are still consistent. If you go and get your picture taken, let me know, I am keen to see more pictures.
Marie, YTT200 (Sep’17-Weekend)