I’ll like to share with you guys one technique you can use in your next meditation session which is the use of Positive Affirmations!
What is it?
Positive affirmations can be defined as an action or process of offering emotional support and encouragement.
Why is it useful?
When we look at the steps of Karmic Cycle (Intention, Action, Reaction, Reflection, Effect, Action), our intentions or thoughts contributes to the decisions in the karmic patterns of our lives.
The concept of positive affirmations allows us to find consciousness in both enforcing patterns in our lives that promotes our well-being and breaking patterns that hinder us from progressing in life. As thoughts orient our actions and decisions, positive affirmation can help to bring awareness in manifesting positive thoughts for a happier you!
How can you use it? – Chakra Meditation
If you have never used positive affirmations in your practice, try using positive affirmations based on the chakras of the body to start!
As chakras represents states of consciousness, each chakra is a centre of subtle awareness and relates to specific feeling and emotion. Therefore, it’ll be easier to focus your attention to relate it to specific emotions.
First, try to visualise 7 points in your body from the base of the spine to the crown of the head as follows:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara) – located at Base of the spine
- Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana) – located in the genital area
- Navel Chakra (Manipura) – located at the navel
- Heart Chakra (Anahata) – located at the heart
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) – located at the base of the throat
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) – located in between the third eye
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) – located at the crown of the head
Next, use these affirmations for each specific point of chakra. Gently close your eyes and focus on your inhales and exhales to slow down your breathing. While meditating try to repeat each affirmation to yourself and observe how your body at that particular chakra point reacts to each affirmation.
- Root Chakra – Deals with security/survival/ belonging
Affirmation- “I do not let fears hold me back.”
- Sacral Chakra – Deals with intimacy/passion/desires
Affirmation- “I feel empathy for others. ”
- Navel Chakra – Deals with Energy/Power/ Self-Esteem
Affirmation – “I am strong and confident.”
- Heart Chakra – Deals with Love/ Hope/ Compassion
Affirmation – “I seek to help others.”
- Throat Chakra – Deals with communication/ Honesty/ expression
Affirmation – “I am honest with myself and others.”
- Third Eye Chakra – Deals intuition/intelligence/ clairvoyance
Affirmation – “I have clarity in my thoughts and mind.”
- Crown Chakra – Deals with Enlightment/ Understanding/ Oneness
Affirmation – “I let go of all my attachments. ”
Notice how your body reacts to each affirmation while you are repeating each affirmation. For example, if you feel any physical tension in the body or any thoughts that comes to you in each chakra point during your practice. You can also take note if there is any chakra you feel more empowered or feel hindered by.
You can keep a journal to pen down any of your observations. As the idea of positive affirmations is to bring awareness to karmic patterns of your mind. It’s recommended to continue practising with these affirmations to find patterns in trains of thoughts to provide clarity to the mind.
I hope this help you guys in your practice!