100hrs Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Want to learn Yoga poses and sequences to improve your health? Maybe become a Yoga teacher?
What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha yoga pairs poses (“asanas”) with breathing techniques (“pranayama”) in certain breathing manner which is very specific, while the poses are held longer duration as compared to other dynamic styles.
At the same time, the term “hatha” has also evolved worldwide to describe a particular type of yoga class that’s typically comfortable paced with a focus on proper alignment.
What’s the difference between hatha yoga and vinyasa? Compared to vinyasa which often flow through series of poses at a quick succession, hatha classes typically guide practitioners through postures at a comfortable pace with more guidance on how to do each pose correctly.
Health benefits and Research Done
- Less anxiety: Results from a 2016 meta-analysis of 17 studies (501 patients) provide preliminary support for hatha as treatment for anxiety
- Better balance: A small 2014 study involving 34 men found that those who completed a five-month hatha yoga program were able to improve their posture control. Based on those results, the authors conclude that hatha yoga training can improve body balance.
- Fitness improvements: A 2015 study of Chinese adults discovered that a 12-week hatha yoga program had positive effects on several components of fitness including cardio, muscle strength and flexibility.
Hatha also focuses on breath timed to movements (typically at a slower pace than what you might experience in vinyasa), and classes could include meditation and pranayama.
Our fees are very affordable for a new certification and skillset that can help you start a new business or career! DBS Payment plans available.
How is the course conducted?
- Complete 30hrs in the studio with the physical presence of the Master trainer
- Complete 18hrs of home practice with audio guide from the Master Trainers (12 days of 1.5 hrs/day)
- Complete 12hrs of reading, video-learning assigned by the Master trainer (6 days of 2 hrs/day)
- Complete 20hrs of assignments
- Complete 20hrs of teaching (friends and family at your own place)
What You will learn in 100 Hrs Hatha Yoga Training Course?
- 35 postures (asanas) excluding variations to teach Hatha Yoga classes
- Hatha Yoga level 1 sequence (beginners)
- Hatha Yoga level 2 sequence (intermediate)
- Conditioning and systematic development of strength, stamina and flexibility
- Yogic breathing
- Meditation techniques
- Yoga Nidra (relaxation)
Theory: Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy and physiology
- What is Yoga
- 8 limbs of Yoga
- Basic body systems such as respiratory, skeletal, muscular
- Yogic Lifestyle and philosophy
- Instructional cues
- Proper asana alignment
- Benefits of Yoga poses
- Variations and modifications for different students
- Precautions, contraindications of each Yoga poses
- Verbal, physical asana adjustments
What is the Criteria to be part of this training?
- None at all
- No minimum or maximum weight or height
- All can be taught, all can learn
In case of medical conditions, please write to us.
Fees and duration
- Course fees: $2800. Promo price: $1800
- Venue: Paya Lebar Studio
- Duration: 10 session of 3 hrs/session in studio
- Weekdays: Mon to Wed 9am to 12noon (3 weeks of lessons, plus 1 last day exam on the 4th week)
- Sample schedule:
- Week 1: Mon to Wed 9am to 12noon in studio
What does the fee of Yoga Course include?
- The fees include the course fee, e-manual and Hatha Yoga Teacher certificate
- Refer to our terms and conditions for postponement and cancellation policy.
- Prices are non-negotiable.
How can you pay your fees?
- Online Registration – all major credit cards accepted
- PayNow, Bank Transfer (write to us for account details)
- Full payment upon registration. (DBS payment plan available)
- For international students, if payment is made via international telegraphic transfer, bank charges has to be borne by the sender.
How to get certified?
- Attend at least 90% of the course (please write in if you have issues attending)
- Complete the hours as specified.
- Pass the assessments:
The assessments are held on the last day of the course.