Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (60hrs)
Want to learn Yoga poses and sequences to improve your health? Maybe become a Yoga teacher? We have crafted this course specially for beginners and people who needs flexible schedule. Start anytime, complete the course in 3 months. Read on more to find out!
What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha yoga pairs poses (“asanas”) with breathing techniques (“pranayama”) in certain breathing manner which is very specific, while the poses are held longer duration as compared to other dynamic styles.
At the same time, the term “hatha” has also evolved worldwide to describe a particular type of yoga class that’s typically comfortable paced with a focus on proper alignment.
What’s the difference between hatha yoga and vinyasa? Compared to vinyasa which often flow through series of poses at a quick succession, hatha classes typically guide practitioners through postures at a comfortable pace with more guidance on how to do each pose correctly.
Health benefits and Research Done
- Less anxiety: Results from a 2016 meta-analysis of 17 studies (501 patients) provide preliminary support for hatha as treatment for anxiety
- Better balance: A small 2014 study involving 34 men found that those who completed a five-month hatha yoga program were able to improve their posture control. Based on those results, the authors conclude that hatha yoga training can improve body balance.
- Fitness improvements: A 2015 study of Chinese adults discovered that a 12-week hatha yoga program had positive effects on several components of fitness including cardio, muscle strength and flexibility.
Hatha also focuses on breath timed to movements (typically at a slower pace than what you might experience in vinyasa), and classes could include meditation and pranayama.
Our fees are very affordable for a new certification and skillset that can help you start a new business or career! DBS Payment plans available.
How is the course conducted?
What You will learn in 60 Hrs Hatha Yoga Training Singapore?
- 63 postures (asanas) excluding variations to teach Hatha Yoga classes
- Hatha Yoga level 1 sequence (beginners)
- Hatha Yoga level 2 sequence (intermediate)
- Conditioning and systematic development of strength, stamina and flexibility
- Yogic breathing
- Meditation techniques
- Yoga Nidra (relaxation)
Theory: Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy and physiology
- What is Yoga
- 8 limbs of Yoga
- Basic body systems such as respiratory, skeletal, muscular
- Movement terminology
- Instructional cues
- Proper asana alignment
- Benefits of Yoga poses
- Variations and modifications for different students
- Precautions, contraindications of each Yoga poses
- Verbal, physical asana adjustments
What is the Criteria to be part of this training?
- None at all
- No minimum or maximum weight or height
- All can be taught, all can learn
In case of medical conditions, please write to us.
Fees and duration
- Course fees: SGD 1388 (usual SGD 2300!)
- Duration: No fixed schedule, complete 60 hrs at your own pace (A comfortable pacing would be around 2-3 months)
What does the fee of Yoga Course include?
- The fees include the course fee, e-manual and Hatha Yoga Teacher certificate
- Refer to our terms and conditions for postponement and cancellation policy.
- Prices are non-negotiable.
How can you pay your fees?
- Online Registration – all major credit cards accepted
- PayNow, Bank Transfer (write to us for account details)
- Full payment upon registration. (DBS payment plan available)
- For international students, if payment is made via international telegraphic transfer, bank charges has to be borne by the sender.
When is the course?
You can start right now! The course is made up of practical and theory sessions, there is no fixed start date. You may start the practical sessions any time. As for theory, our topics are modular, and you just have to complete all the modules before doing the final exam.
Hatha Yoga Classes at Norris Road
|*Hatha 1 (Online)
|*Hatha 2 (Online)
You could only attend classes conducted by the Masters. Hatha 1 (Beginners); Hatha 2 (Intermediate).
Livestream Theory classes (4 – 6pm)
|What is Yoga (8 Limbs)||21/11 (Sat)||16/1 (Sat)|
|Chakra||6/12 (Sun)||27/2 (Sat)|
|Anatomy Application||14/11 (Sat)||21/2 (Sun)|
|Theory on Asana Details (alignment, variations, benefits, precautions)||22/11 (Sun)||23/1 (Sat)|
|Teaching Methodology||5/12 (Sat)||28/2 (Sun)|
The topics can be taken in any order. Please email to book for the class at least 1 week in advance.
How to get started?
Sign up below.
We will send you a welcome email with course details, e-manual, videos and presentations. There will be instructions on how to book for the Masters’ Yoga classes and theory livestream sessions.
Practical: Book for Yoga classes at least 1 day in advance. Log down the hours you have attended.
Theory: Read the e-manual, view the presentation videos on anatomy. Book for livestream theory session at least 1 week in advance. You will have to read through the manual on the topic before attending.
Send us an email at least 1 week in advance to book an appointment for your online theory test (1 hr).
Teaching: Teach your family and friends for 10 hours. Log down the hours you have taught.
How to get certified?
- Complete 20hrs of practice
- Complete 5 sessions (10hrs) of livestream theory
- Complete 10hrs of viewing videos, presentation and quizzes
- Complete 10hrs of reading
- Complete 10hrs of teaching
- For the above, please record the hours on the log sheets provided and email us.
- Pass the assessments:
Theory test (online). Min 50% to pass.
Practical: Send us a video of your practice, both Hatha 1 and Hatha 2 sequences.
Teaching: Send us a video of 1 of your classes taught.