I love doing yoga.
Here are some rules that helps me to enjoy my practice:
- Have a good yoga mat and comfortable apparel
- Find a comfortable place for practice
- Start every session with gathering thoughts to here and now and hold it during the whole session (Not easy one. If I notice that my thoughts are far, I gather them again)
- Reconcile asanas with breathing
- Breath deeply and slowly doing asanas
- Focus on breathing and on your inner body feelings helps not to digress from practice
- Stay in each pose as long as my body wants(for stretching poses) or can (for strengthening poses)
- Finish session with Pranayama
Sometimes I am practising yoga outdoors. There are many distractions for me, like ants and other insects, noise, other people. That can be a challenge. By following these rules I can enjoy my practice anywhere.
By Kateryna Lemeshko