I pick this topic because now a days the world is moving so fast. Social media is one of the most popular and trendy places to be, even though is just an fake space inside a phone, people use it for different reasons like:
- Help their ego to decrease their insecurity on society.
- Share their life.
- Show of the places they were.
I do believe social media can be useful if you want to share believes, information and life experiences with others. It just depends on the reasons and purposes you use it for.
In the other side, Yoga is been jeopardized by this generation because of the way they have been teaching and modifying the technique of it. How trendy and famous yoga is? Well, you can see it everywhere gym, fitness center, conventions, courses, master classes, weekend activities, etc. and that’s how trendy is right now. The faster it grows the more modify yoga gets.
But, when I said I do believe in social media means (for me) that everyone who has a user account in any app is able to have its own judgment and profit. If you really take time to search for good accounts that provide quality information, then social media turns into a good source and motivational activity.
If guide my social media activity with some yoga believes, I am truthful to myself even though I can be connected to the world. For example, if I apply one or two limbs of THE EIGHT LIMBS OF ASHTANGA/RAJA YOGA, I will use:
- – disappearance of all suppressions.
- Ahimsa: non violence, which transforms to love of all. I won´t use my account to attack any person, believe or behavior.
- Satya: I´ll share myself the way I am and I live life.
- Asteya: freeing oneself of jealous instincts. Don´t watch anyone who make us feel jealous or angry.
- Brahmacharya: gain vitality and energy. Share our energy the way it is.
- Aparigraha: non-possessiveness. No attachment to the amount of followers, likes, shares and friends we have.
- - MIND FIT FOR CONCENTRATION.
The mind becomes capable, ready and fit to express all it carries inside. Your mind becomes able to create things within a short time. The science and ability to project anything you want is Dharana. Is a methodology through which your mind is fixed on an object, subject or an idea such that your consciousness is raised to a higher frequency or state. Your mind becomes capable for concentration in every topic or subject to need to share or read. You project anything you want, you find your own way to be in this world without anyone that disturbs you, you are completely conscious.
I try to apply how in this complicated social media world yoga helps us to be entire aware of what are we doing. There is nothing wrong with this world, we make good and wrong decisions through actions that are based on our level of conscience. Use social media to change the world, to return some of the joy God gives you.