To perform it more vigorously and effectively
- Press the big toes firmly on to the mat to give nice push and energetic vibrance to the pose
- Do not collapse the hips but let it sink on its own
- By pressing on the mat firmly, the sternum is lifted up and facing the ceiling and widens the sternum
- Engage the calf muscles to protect the lower from cringing on each the spinal joints thus releasing the pressure from the sacrum.
- Lift the forehead up and beyond but without hastily compressing the cervical spine.
to learn Urdhva Mukha Shavanasasna effectively, pls seek a teacher who knows about this pose or someone with many years of experience teaching it.