By Ly Nguyen 200hr Weekday May’ 2014
Before comming to “200 hrs Yoga Teacher Training”, I really don’t know how breathing is important of in our life ? Then I have studied about Uddiyana Bandha which is one of breating I like the best. do you know why ?
– It stimulate the function of pancreas and liver. Strengthen the internal organs
– To stimulate digestive system.
– The abdominal organs are massaged and toned.
– To improve blood circulation.
– To stimulate Manipura Chakra.
How to practice Uddiyana Bandha ?
– Stand with the feet about half a meter apart. Keep the spine horizontal and bend the knees slightly.
– Place the palms of the hands on the tighs so the knees can support the upper body, arms are straight.
– Bend the head forward, expanding the chest.
– Inhale deeply through nostrils. Bend forward from the waist and exhale all the air out through the mouth.
– Hold this position as long as possible.
– Release the abdominal lock. Relax the chest. Raise the head and torso to the upright position.
How many times to practice ?
In the beginning, to practice 3 rounds and slowly increase to 10 rounds after few months.
Practice note : Uddiyana Bandha must be practised on an empty stomach .