The triangle pose stretches and strengthens the ankle, hamstrings, hip and core regions. During the pose, your leg quadriceps are engaged. This causes a lift to your knees and lengthens the lower hamstrings of both legs. At the same time, the hip stretches are flexed and stretch the upper hamstring and anterior gluteus maximus muscles in the back leg. The outside of the posterior ankle will be extended as it is firmly pressed on the ground by the back foot. This pose engages the three erector spinal muscles (those that support the spine) and the upper obliques. In addition, it stretches the chest and the upper shoulder. Trikonasana involves bending the body sideways, which improves overall spine flexibility.
This pose stimulates the Heart, Root, and Sacral chakras.
- Helps to improve stability and balance
- Releases The Thoracic Spine
- Energizes the Abdominal Organs
- Digestion is stimulated.
- Enhances the ability to deal with complex and unpleasant situations.
- Improves both physical and psychological stability.
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increases feelings of well-being by opening the heart