Colour: Pale Turquoise / Sky Blue
Hormone Gland : Thyroid
Bija Mantra : ” Ham ”
Symbol: 16 – petalled lotus
Purpose: Communication , creativity
Balanced energy : Truthful , clear spoken , reflective , inspiring /inspired , creative , imaginative , non-judgemental , honest about own weakness , independent , aware of subtle dimensions , good communicator, contented .
Unbalanced or Blocked energy : Poor communication , over-talkative , judgemental , grating tone , stuttering and so on , dishonest , lacking creativity , uninspiring , arrogant , indecisive , dependent , unfeeling .
This fifth chakra rules the aspects of communication and creativity . People with balanced energy in this chakra will be inspring to be with and naturally looked up by others. When the chakra is fully opens , the person is often a wonderful orator , with beautiful harmonious voice . You feel fully heard by such person , people with this free-flowing energy can also appear to communicate without words , their eyes drawing you in . This chakra will also allow you to be able to hear your inner voice with the ear of the higher mind.
Suggestion for balancing Vishuddha as follows :
- Spend time in silence , and listen regularly for the inner voice
- Set aside time for reflection about your life and direction . Ask yourself if you are happy with its course.
- Lie on the grass on a warm day and gaze up at the clear blue sky and contemplate the ether.
- After a social event , reflect on what you said , and how you expressed it .
- Listen to the tone of your voice and make adjustments if necessary.
- Practice Pranayama regularly , example : Brahmari
- Try Visualization for Vishuddha
- Asanas practice – example : Jalandhara Bandha ( Chin Lock ) , Matsyasana or Sarvangasana .
- Take up hobby where your deep inner creativity may flourish
- Chant Mantra ” Ham “
Let’s start ” Ham ” , let the energy flow and embrace it . Namaste .