Svadhyaya simply means the study or observance of the self with no attachment and no judgment.
I really appreciate this term, as it allows me to reflect on myself and others around me, observing and analyzing a situation with an almost scientist-like approach. I have found this brought me new insights to situations, but I have to be careful about whether it is applying judgment or discernment and whether it is expressing compassion or sympathy to myself or to others.
– fully listen to my kids
– pause before I react to my kids
– notice the sounds, the sky and the earth .
– pause and pay attention to the flavours textures and taste in my food
– fully observe the sensations in my body while practicing my asanas.
– study and further my yoga practice