I just bought a bottle of castor oil from Mustafa, and it less than $3. I could be rich selling this online to Americans! I saw on Amazon that they are selling it at USD $33!! Gosh… this is another business idea,
Instead of buying cuticle oil for the nails, which costs like more than $10, I use castor oil mixed with olive oil and found it much better and effective and economical. In addition, there are no added chemicals and perfumes.
I read in some websites it can be used on the eyelashes to make it grow longer and thicker too. These are just some minor beauty benefits, when i research on it more, gosh…. I am overwhelmed.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor Oil is a very pale yellow liquid that is extracted from castor seeds (Ricinus Communis). It is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant oil which has been used for centuries for its therapeutic and medicinal benefits. It is believed that most of castor oil’s benefits are derived from its high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids. Its density is higher than other oils, which made its texture very thick.
I could remember drinking a cup of castor oil during the Panchakarma, which certainly is a natural laxative and the taste is nauseating!
What Are the Everyday Health Benefits of Castor Oil?
This oil from castor bean seeds is applied to many health problems that you often encounter on a daily basis, such as:
- Constipation – As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief to diarrhea and constipation.
- Ringworm – Undecylenic acid, which is one of the active compounds of castor oil, helps fight ringworm, a fungal infection.
- Skin Problems – Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which delivers anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and prevents skin disorders such as acne and eczema. Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturizes the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles under your eyes.
Aside from these, natural castor oil also treats yeast infections, gastrointestinal problems, migraines, menstrual disorder, and athlete’s foot.
Castor Oil Supports Treatment of Major Health Problems
Castor oil is a remedy for more serious health conditions, which include:
- Labor Induction – Castor oil is used to induce labor in pregnant women. Note to seek consultation with your doctor first before ingesting the oil as it may bring potential side effects to the mother and to the baby.
- Sciatic Nerve Pain – The oil relieves sciatia, a painful condition characterized by lower back pains and soreness in your lower limbs.
- Hair Loss – One of the therapeutic benefits of castor oil is in hair growth treatment. Castor oil helps increase hair growth and makes hair healthier, softer, shinier and fuller.
- Arthritis – Castor oil acts as a natural remedy for arthritis. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps massage arthritic joints and sore, tired muscles.
- Lymph Problems – Another medical benefit of the oil is in lymph treatment. Castor oil stimulates the activity of the lymph system, which is responsible for eliminating the body’s metabolic wastes.
- Tumors – By placing a castor oil pack (a piece of flannel soaked in castor oil) over a tumor, it can help reduce the appearance of tumors in your body.
In addition, castor oil is also believed to deliver medical benefits to certain neurological problems, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.
Natural products are simply amazing. No additives, no chemicals.