SETU BANDHASANA (Bridge Pose)
Setu = Bridge
Bandha = Lock
Chakra: Vishuddhi, Anahata
Step by step guide:
1. Lie on your back, palms face down.
2. Bend both knees as close as possible to your buttocks, until heels touching the tips of the fingers. Keep feet hip width apart, toes pointing forward.
3. Inhale, press palms and feet to lift hips up from lower back to upper back, vertebrae by vertebrae.
4. Exhale, engage and tighten the gluteal muscle to stabilise pose.
5. Inhale to lift the chest as high as possible. Chin touches between collarbones. Roll shoulder in and interlock your fingers. Firmly press your arms to support. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6.Release the fingers and shoulders, place your palms down by the side of the body. Exhale, slowly release spine vertebrae by vertebrae to the mat.
7. Straighten the legs and relax.
Stretches pectorals, hip flexor and quadriceps
Strengthens triceps (clasped hands), gluteal, hamstrings, and entire back muscles
Stimulates digestive system and thyroid
- Hands support by placing palms at the lower back, with thumbs pointing outward, 4 fingers in. Wrist should be placed comfortably.
- Use block and place under the sacrum to support pelvis lift.
Balasana (Child’s Pose)
Apanasana (Knees to Chest Pose)
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Forward Bend)
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Contraindications & Cautions:
Desiree/ 200hr YTTC Weekday (09/14)