‘Salad’ – The Super Food
Hello everyone, Being a health coach which has changed my life drastically.I always include a salad whenever I am planning a dinner for my family . As my kids never liked Greens so much , I tried many ways to put greens in their meal to give them a balanced diet. This is one Salad recipe which we all enjoy having it . It has loads of fibers , minerals through vegetables and fruits . You can add any protein and dressing of your choice.You can call this a bowl of Rainbow as well.
• 2 cups of green leaf lettuce or spinach or mix of both ( washed and spun in salad spinner to remove excess water)
• ¼ cup chopped tomato
• ¼ cup sliced or grated carrots
• ¼ cup sliced cucumber
• ¼ cup apple slices
• ¼ cup diced avocado
• ¼ cup blueberries
• 1 chopped hard boiled egg or ½ cup of boiled chick peas, or kidney beans
• 1 tbsp shredded organic mozzarella cheese (Optional)
• 1/8th cup walnut pieces or sliced almonds
Here is how I like to make my dressing :
1/4th cup of raspberries or black berries, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, basil dry or fresh, 1 tsp honey – grind berries then whisk in all the ingredients with the ground berries. Now drizzle this dressing on your freshly build rainbow…and enjoy the bowl of healthful salad at least 4 to 5 times a week and feel the difference.