- Sit in Dandasana (Staff Pose), legs extended in front of you, rotate your thigh inwards, toes pointing upwards.
- Keep your body upright, gaze forward.
- Roll your shoulders back and down, place your palms on the floor slightly behind your hips, spread your fingers, fingers pointing forward to your toes.
- INHALE- raise your hips off the floor, roll over your heels and place your soles on the floor. Lift your front torso, opening up your chest and stretch your front torso.
- Keep your neck elongated, shoulders away from your ears.
- Slowly drop your head back without compressing the back of your neck.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- EXHALE – slowly lower your hips down and sit back in Dandasana.
- Strengthen your arms, wrist.
- Strengthen your back, and hamstring
- Stretch your front shoulders, front torso, front ankle
- Opens your heart.
- Strengthen core muscles, improve balance
- Massage your abdominal organs
- Stimulate Manipura chakra, Vishudha Chakra
- Wrist injury
- Shoulder injury
- Neck pain or injury
- For beginner, you may start with reverse table top pose.
– Sit in Dandasana. Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor. Palms behind your hips.
– Inhale and lift your hips up, press through your thumbs and toes, come into reverse table top pose.
- Forward bend poses
- Chaturanga Dandasana