Admit it! At some point in your life, I’m sure you will hear that “yoga is just for women”. You will be surprised to know that most of its history, yoga was practiced almost exclusively by men. In fact, yoga has been demonstrated to have plenty of benefits for everyone. From improving respiration, to reducing stress level, to developing your strength and flexibility, yoga can help in a lot of ways that you might not realize.
Here are 2 simple poses that are suitable both men and women to try:
- Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1)
Source from: https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/warrior-i-pose
- Strengthens arms, legs and shoulder
- Opens chest and lungs which contributes to healthy respiration
- Improves stability and balance of the body
- Reduces anxiety, depression and stress from daily activities
- Uttanasana (Forward Fold)
Source from: https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/standing-forward-bend
- Stretches the calves and strengthens the knees and thighs
- Relieving knots in the back and neck
- Help keeps blood pressure level in check
- Reduces anxiety and stress
A fun fact for you: Do you know that Robert Downey Jr. does yoga too? That’s right, our Iron Man managed to kick his drug addiction with the help of yoga, meditation and therapy.