My life has always been hard. For many years I had always done things for the sake of my family. I never did expect anything in return. I have always been a person who gives much more than I have received until the day I lost everything in life. It was 7 years back that I lost my house, family, CPF and all the money I had. I was devastated and it took me about 2 months to pull myself back together. It was during that time when I remembered the “Alternate Nostril Breathing” that I was taught when I was in India back in 2007. I started practicing it daily and I managed to calm myself down. Things became clearer in my mind and I started rebuilding my life back up again.
By practicing Alternate Nostril Breathing, one can experienced the following:
- Settles stress and anxiety
- Improves the ability to focus in the mind
- Supports our lungs and respiratory functions
- Restores balance in the left and right hemispheres of the brain, and clears the energetic channels
- Rejuvenates the nervous system
- Removes toxins
After that very bad experience in my life, I have learnt to practice Nadi Shodhana more regularly.