Pilates Matwork Instructor Course
Our Pilates Matwork Instructor Certification course sheds light on Joseph Pilates’ concepts and correct techniques. You’ll work on contrology and the activation of fine, deep muscles. After this course, you’ll be certified to teach Pilates Matwork to beginner and intermediate practitioners.
Physical studio learning for a Pilates Matwork instructor course is essential as it allows aspiring instructors to experience hands-on training, gain real-time feedback, and develop a deep understanding of proper technique and alignment to ensure safe and effective instruction.
Get certified in Pilates now!
None at all.
What could be expected?
- Practical (Pilates Exercises): Basic Principles, Beginners Pilates Matwork Series and Intermediate Pilates Matwork Series
- Modification, options and variations of each exercises
- Theory (see below)
- Teaching methodology, lesson planning, using props
- Basic concepts on Anatomy of Human Body
- What are cells, tissues, organs and systems?
- Skeletal System –
- Introduction, the Appendicular Section
- The Axial Section
- Types of Joints
- Muscular System –
- The 3 planes
- Names of Muscles, Origin and Insertion
- Neck, Chest and Trunk
- Back, Shoulders and Arm
- Hip and Legs
- Concept of Isometric, Eccentric and Concentric contractions
- History & Background of Pilates
- Overview of Pilates Exercise
- The 5 Basic Principles
- Breakdown of each exercise
- Analysis of muscle groups, alignment, movement for each exercise
- Modifications for different body types
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Recognizing common mistakes
- Instructional Cues and vocabulary, analogy
- Beginner Mat Series
- Intermediate Mat Series
- Class Programming
- Using Props (Circle, ball etc)
- Postural Analysis
What will be given?
- Pilates Training Manual
- Anatomy slides
- List of muscles to learn
- Cheat Sheet on Pilates Beginners Routine and Intermediate Routine
- Videos to learn the Pilates exercises with detailed explanation
- Full Beginners Pilates Matwork Workout video
- Full Intermediate Pilates Matwork Workout video
- Logsheet to record teaching hours
What is expected of the student?
- To be familiar with the 5 basic principles and application to the Matwork exercises
- Commitment to learn body anatomy and its application to the exercises
- Perform and execute the Intermediate Matwork Routine with precision
- Teach a class with confidence, with clear cueing and adjustments
- Theory Exam with 60 multiple choice questions. (60% to pass)
- Practical Exam: The examiner will give you a list of 10 exercises to perform. (60% to pass)
- Teaching Exam: Teach a Pilates Matwork class
- 4 days of course + 1 day of exam (4 hrs daily, total 20hrs)
- Complete 20hrs of teaching your friends/family
- Complete 20hrs of self-practice
- 20hrs of self-study: Muscles and anatomy
- 20hrs of lesson planning and preparation of class
- Total 100hrs
To obtain the Certification, follow these steps:
- Complete the required hours as listed above and email us the recorded logsheets.
- Pass all three sections of the exam as listed above.
- If you didn’t pass a section, a re-exam is available at MYR200 per section.
Standard fees: MYR 5200
Early bird fees: MYR 4200 (Sign up at least 8 weeks in advance)
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri (11am to 3pm)
Exam: 28 Aug 2023
How to register?
- Fill in the form and read through the terms and conditions.
- Make full payment by Duitnow. Please indicate your name in the reference field and save a screenshot.
- Upload the screenshot, tick the acceptance box and click on “Submit Registration”.
Pilates Matwork Instructor Course
Passionate about becoming a Pilates instructor but on a tight budget?
Don’t worry! We offer a training grant and apprenticeship program to help you pursue your dream.
WhatsApp us your profile and your motivation to become a Pilates instructor. Let’s make your aspirations a reality!