Meditation can help in resolving conflicts. It is a simple and intimate way of becoming aware of who you are. Meditation can help to see problems clearly and at times, problems which are self-created, mediation helps to recognise and solve them. Daily meditation is also a gentle way of freeing from the worries and anxiety. It frees oneself and respond to the needs of the moment and also experience the joy of being fully present.
So how do we mediate?
- Posture. Sit comfortably and spine straighten up.
- Eyes can be open or close. Experiment to see what feels best.
- Focus (if eyes open) on a candle stick light or a beam of light.
- Breathe normally.
- Counting each breathe.
- Thoughts. If a thought comes, attend to it, notice it. Say hi and then bye to them.
- Emotions. Relax the body if start to tense-up and don’t get entangle in thoughts. Let it pass.
- Silence. Enjoy the heartbeats and calmness.
- Duration. Try starting with 5 minutes.
- Place. Create a special and pest-free place to sit.
Mediate daily is therapeutic as it leads to inner balance and stability. Instead of living in self-negativities (inner complexes, immaturities, unproductive reflexes and habits), mediation will sort them out and bring them to your awareness. When give them your full attention, only then will they be cleared.
Louise (200h Weekend YTT July 2015)