A nice hip opening exercise that can be practiced through out the day. It is gentle but very effective. Remember to make sure that your knees fools the direction of your feet so you don’t put to much pressure on your knees.
Enjoy this nice hip opener
Getting in to the pose
- Step your legs more than shoulder width apart
- Your toes pointing in the direction of your knees in order to protect your joints.
- Tuck your tailbone in and engage your core but drawing the tummy in
- Start by slowly sinking down bending your knees and resting your arms on your upper thighs. Keep your feet firmly pushing downwards.
- Slowly by each inhalation and exhalation sink lower into the pose
- Remember to keep your tailbone tucked in and your spine lengthened.
- Bring your arms to the inside of your thighs and your hands in prayer position
- Gently press your arms towards the insides and the thighs and your thighs pressing inwards against your arms. In this way you will find balance.
- If you feel comfortable sink all the way down to a squatting position
- Stay here for 5 long breaths or up to 1 minute
Coming out of the pose
- Inhale and put your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Exhale and slowly raise your upper body up and fold into a wide legged Uttanasana with your feet still wide apart to better enjoy the relaxation of the spine.
- Stay in here in wide leg Uttanasana for about 5 breaths
AW 200hr September