The sight of fresh organic vegetables sprouting in my garden is just irresistible. This makes the all Green Smoothies and Wholesome Green Salad more enticing than buying my ingredients off the supermarket shelves. On top of that I can trust that these are 100% organic.
I found balance by creating a space where I can reconnect with Nature. This is my space in my backyard free from distractions – No wifi, no phone, no laptop. When I sat behind the desk all day, or when I fought the hustle and bustle of the city all afternoon, there is some magic when I put my hands in the dirt, digging and creating something beautiful. I found my way to heal my mind, body and spirit, and a means to heal the planet too. Not to forget the means to heal my belly.
If you are not convinced, here are my 5 reasons to start growing your own garden:
- Gardening gets you out in the sunshine, which mean starting your day early to beat the heat
- Gardeners eat more fruits and vegetables than their peers
- It’s a form of exercise to get your heart rate going.
- Perfecting my Malasana (Garland Pose) – it’s a bliss to squat among the greens
- Cook up a feast with your own harvest.
Check out my favourite Pesto recipe from my own Kitchen and Garden:
- A bunch of fresh Basil
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
- ½ a lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dash of seasalt to taste
Method: Put everything in the blender