- 5 minutes: Greeting, ask if anyone has any medical history such as high blood pressure, hernia etc….
Pranayama: 5 minutes
- Anuloma viloma.
Sitting Asanas: 10 minutes
- Neck, bend down and up, tilt side to side then hold, turn neck side to side then rotate 360 degrees (4 times each).
- Fold fingers and rotate the wrist 10 times, then reverse.
- Arms straight forward, flex elbows, touch hands to shoulders (6 times).
- Flex elbows, touch together, rotate shoulders in big circles then reverse (6 times).
Standing Asanas: 15 minutes
- Utthita Tadasana: 6 times (hold for 3 breaths).
- Tiryaka Tadasana: 4 times each side (hold each side 3 breaths).
- Kati Chakrasana 5 times each side then hold (each side 3 breaths).
- Forwards and backwards bend – hands support behind the back (5-6 times).
- Take 3 to 4 breaths deeply and slowly (eyes closed, palms in prayer pose).
- Balancing posture: Vrikshasana (hold for 4 breaths each leg).
Sitting and lying on stomach asanas : 15 minutes
- Cat stretch: 7 times (slowly synchronize with the breaths).
- Rest in child pose then do easy cobra pose with elbows on the floor 2 times (each time hold for 3-4 breaths). The 3rd time lift elbows up.
- Half locust.
- Balasana then sit up with legs straight forward, bend forward.
- Vakrasana – right leg bent, left leg straight, left shoulder outside right knee then use the elbow to gently push the right knee to the left, look back over the right shoulder or the left hand, hold the left leg).
- Lying on the back, hands by sides, raise legs up 90 degrees and down next to the floor 5/6 times slowly (press palms against the floor, knees straight, lower back tucks to the floor, legs don’t touch the floor when going down).
- Easy Sethu Bandhasana hold for 3 breaths (support lower back with the hands, squeeze shoulders blades towards each other).
Savasana : 8 minutes
Rub palms warm, put on the eyes 3 times: 2 minutes.
- 5 minute: introduce myself, ask if anyone is beginner and inform them this is an intermediate class so they can listen to their body not strain themselves. Ask about medical history.
Pranayama: 5 to 7 minutes
- Explain about the technique of Kapalabhati : do 3 rounds (each round is 15 pumps then rest for 2-3 breaths between rounds).
Standing Asana: 30 minutes
- Warm up the wrists, shoulders and spine (by rotating wrists and shoulders, bend forwards and backwards for spine).
- Suyria Namaskara A: 2 times(Ujjayi breath, hold for 5 breaths).
- Suyria Namaskara B: 3 times(Ujjayi breath, hold 5 breaths)
- Utthita Padangughtanasana: hold (Ujjayi for 5 breaths).
- Trikonasana: A & B (hold for 5 breaths each leg).
- Utthita Parsvakonasana: A & B (hold for 5 breaths each leg).
- Utthita hasta Padang.
- Uttanasana, Chaturanga , Mukha Svanasana, Ardho Mukha Svanasana then jump throughout.
Sitting asana: 10 minutes
- Paschimattanasana A.
- Marichyasana C .
- Sarvangasana 5 breaths then Halasana 5 breaths.
- Urdva dranurasana: 5 breaths
60 minutes for Virabhadrasana (theme class):
- Greeting: 5 minutes: Hello my name is Kim. Welcome everyone to my class. Today we focus on how to get onto the pose call Virabhadrasana which is warrior 2. This pose tones a lot of muscles around the hips, thighs, knees and also from the arms and neck. So we need to do warm up carefully for these areas before going into the pose. Has anyone got medical any history?
- Explain and practice the Ujjayi beathing technique: 10 minutes (in order for them to practice whilst holding the pose).
- Sitting asanas: 25 minutes.
- Neck bend down and up.
- Neck tilt side to side then hold each side for 2 breaths.
- Rotate the neck then reverse 3 rounds.
- Rotate the scapulae with elbows, bend hands on shoulders then 7 times in reverse.
- Flex the knee then rotate for 5 rounds, then reverse for each leg.
- Hug the knee then press down to the floor, then rotate for 5 rounds then reverse for each leg.
- Supta Konasana slowly by walking the hands slowly away from the body down to the floor, then hold for 5 Ujjayi breaths. Come up then try to spread the feet wide apart by fixing the heels then palms on the floor, behind the buttocks, to push the hips forward and stretch the hamstrings and contract the quadriceps. Then move the palms forward on the floor, walk the hands away from the body, hold for another 5 breaths. Do a 3rd time with the feet as wide apart as they can then hold for 5 breaths.
- Standing asanas: 5-7 minutes.
- Swing the leg back and forth as fast as they can, 25 times each leg.
- Going into the pose: Hold with Ujjayi breaths for 5 minutes.
- Separate the feet wide apart more than shoulder width, with feet parallel to each other (about 4-5 feet apart). Turn the right foot out 90 degrees and at the same time spread the arms out to the side at shoulder level.
- Bend the right knee so that the knee is directly above the right heel (90 degrees), lower the hips to the same level with the right knee (make sure the hips are facing straight forward).
- Protract the scapulae by extending both arms and depress the scapulae, turn the head to look toward the right hand with the chin parallel with the right arm.
- Tuck the tail bone down, draw the navel in, keep the spine and the neck in one straight line.
- Savasana: 8 minutes
- Finish Savasana and goodbye: 2 minutes