Introduction (Name and Questions to participants related to injuries)
Start with 3 depth breaths and 3 AUMs.
Warm Up (10 minutes)
Rotation of neck, Rotation of arms and wrist, Rotation of hips and legs, Rotation of torso
Guided Surya Namaskar A ( 5 times) and Surya Namaskar B ( 5 times) (10 minutes)
Standing Poses (5 minutes)
- 1. Padangusthasana – 5 deepth breaths & Pada Hastasana – 5 breaths
Slowly bring yourself up and Samastiti.
- 2. Virabhdrasana 1 – hold the pose for 5 breaths. From Warrior 1, student will transition into plank pose.
Seated Poses and Drills (25 minutes)
3. Plank Pose – Hold the plank for 20 seconds. Release the pose and repeat 3 times. Rest in Child’s pose for 5 seconds and return to plank pose
4. Knee to elbow Plank Pose (variation). In plank pose, raise the right knee to the elbow and repeat for 5 times with each leg. Rest in Child’s pose for 5 seconds. Vinyasa to transition and lay flat on the mat.
5. Navasana – Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths and repeat 5 times.
6. Beginner’s variation of Garbha Pindasana (legs folded). Roll back and forth 9 to 10 times. This will allow the student to get used to get into the final pose using core strength. Vinyasa and jump thru to seated.
7. Urdhva Mukkha Pachimottanasa
8. Salamba Sarvangasana – Hold the pose for 15 breaths ( menses or pregnant do not get into the pose)
9. Matsyasana Fish pose – hold for 10 breaths
10. Rest in Savasana (10 minutes)