Regardless of whether you’ve been spending more time at home or you’ve started going back into the office, I’m sure most of us have found ourselves more sedentary during this crisis. My family and I alternate between spending long hours at the desk and couch potatoing on the sofa catching up on Netflix, resulting in increasingly stiff bodies and creaky joints.
To combat that, here’s a 60 minute deep stretch sequence for you! Hold each pose for 2-3 minutes to allow your body to go deeper into the posture. With each inhalation, relax the mind and body to prevent resistance to the deep intense, stretches. With each exhalation, allow gravity to pull your body open a little bit more and allow the stretches to become effortless.
1) Chest Opener with Block + Butterfly Legs
2) Upavistha Konasana
3) Quadricep Stretch @ Wall (2-3 mins per leg)
4) Lizard Pose (2-3 mins per leg)
5) Frog Pose
6) Melting Heart Pose
7) Prone Shoulder Stretch (2-3 mins per side)
8) Supine Pigeon Pose (2-3 mins per leg)
9) Supine Twist (2-3 mins per side)
9) Wind Releasing Pose + Savasana