Do you love nature? Do you love music? Do you like to meditate?
Yes, I do.
My new found love is this Bhramari pranayama, which calms my mind instantly and prepare me for meditation.
Bhramari means ‘the Goddess of bees’. In Bhramari pranayama the humming sound is produced during exhalation.
The father of modern science, Albert Einstein said – “Everything in life is vibration”. In fact, this pranayama has a soothing effect on the brain and calms the mind.
Sit in a comfortable cross legged pose, with spine erect.
- Breathe normally and relax the body.
- Keep your eyes and mouth closed.
- You may choose to close your ears with your hands. Another variation is you can keep your hands in chin mudra, place on your thighs and keep your ears open.
- Concentrate at the center of your forehead.
- Take a slow deep inhalation and fill the lungs fully.
- Then exhale slowly, making a continuous humming sound like the bee. Feel the vibrations in your head.
- Repeat the process 5 times and come back to normal breathing.
- Calms the mind, reduce stress and anxiety.
- Helps to reduce anger.
- Improves concentration and prepare you for meditation
- Better do this pranayama in empty stomach.
- Stop the practice if you feel dizzy.
- Do not press the ear cartilage too hard.
Hum a happy tune for peace!