Technique (getting into the posture)
- Lie on the bely, feet together, arms by the side of the body, forehead on the floor.
- Exhale, bend both knees and bring the heels close to the buttocks.
- Bring both hands and hold on to the respective ankles
- Inhale, lift head, chest,chin and thighs away from the floor.
- Straighten both elbows and peel the body away from the floor by squeezing the buttocks and back the muscles. Tuck the tailbone , lift the chest up.
- Keep normal breathing, put all the weight on your belly. With the belly pressed against the floor.
- Stay in this pose 20-3-seconds.
- Slowly release the pose b bringing the chest, forehead down on the floor.
- Straighten the knees and bring the arms by the side of the body.
- Rest in Makasana
- Squeeze the shoulder blades by bringing it close to have the chest opened to the maximum while holding the pose.
- Engage the gluteus muscle to stabilize the hip and protect the lumbar spine.