One of the best ways to improve your yoga practice and teaching is through the giving and receiving of adjustments.
Deepen your practice with a comprehensive understanding of alignment principles, physics, muscle engagement and breathing techniques in asana. Safer, more fulfilling lessons. When adjustments are performed with correct technique and strength, they can transform your student’s yoga experience as body awareness and kinesthetic muscle memory is developed. This in turn creates a safer practice environment for both teacher and student.
Overall, when it comes to adjustments, it’s as much about experiencing the benefits of optimal postural alignment as the healing ability of touch.
This is a Tirisula Yoga Continual Education Program (CEP). Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) who complete this course can clock Continual Education hours required to maintain their registration.
“It is through the alignment of the body that I discovered the alignment of my mind, self and intelligence” –B.K.S. Iyengar. Light on Life.
What is covered:
- Ashtanga Vinyasa asana practice
- Postural and energetic alignment for major poses in the Ashtanga Vinyasa practice and their various adjustment techniques (guided by BKS Iyengar’s teachings)
- Effect of physics and breathing in asana and adjustment
- How to deal with common injuries and alignment issues
- Understand necessary actions and muscle engagement required to optimally perform all asana groups (standing, seated, twist, inversion, back bending)
- Quick improvement through discussion, feedback and repeated practice of asana and adjustments
Course (Practical, Theory and Teaching) 5 days, 6 hours daily: 30 hours
Assignment: 10 hours
Teaching Practicum: 20 hours
Total: 60 hours
Mon to Fri (Weekday) or Sat & Sun (Weekend), 7.30am to 1.30pm daily
Course fee: SGD 1700 (Early bird) / SGD 2000 (Normal)
Graduates from Tirisula Yoga’s 200hrs YTTC are entitled to 20% discount