(Half Bound Lotus Intense Stretch Pose)
Focus on open the hip ( hip joint)
External rotation the hip : This movement is deeper in the gluteal.
Shoulder : Pectoralis major muscle, shoulder joint
Leg : Hamstring of standing leg is lengthening strength to stabilize the hip joint for balance from deep gluteal muscle.
(gluteal minimus + gluteal medius)
Working on balancing pose.
Benefits of the Ardha baddha padmottanasana
- It improves your capacity to concentrate and helps you focus better.
- It helps in removing stiffness in your hips and knees.
- It improves posture and balance.
- It helps to improve flexibility and body strength.
- It opens the muscles of your chest and shoulders and improves the functioning of your respiratory system.
- This asana helps to strengthen and tone your leg muscles.
- This asana quiets the mind and reduces stress and anxiety.
- When done regularly, this asana also helps to flush out excess fat from your body.
- Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana stimulates your abdominal organs such as the liver and spleen. It improves digestion and massages your abdominal muscles.
Chakra : crown chakra ( sahasrara chakra), third eye chakra (Ajna chakra), solar plexus (manipura chakra)