(OORD-vah MOO-kah shvon-AHS-anna)
urdhva mukha = face upward (urdhva = upward ,mukha = face) svana =
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana is one of the positions in the traditional Sun Salutation sequence. Urdhva Mukha Svanasana has many curative and corrective effects.
- Opens the heart, chest and lungs.
- Stretches your upper back and the whole front of your body.
- Strengthens your wrists, arms, shoulders, spine.
- Can relieve sciatica, mild depression and fatigue.
- Because it stretches the lungs and chest it can be very therapeutic for asthma.
- Anatomical Focus
- Core/ Hips/ Thighs
- Back and Spine
- Top Line of the Legs
- Backs of the Arms
- Therapeutic Applications