Image source: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/310870
Meditation has been something that is close to my heart. I first started meditation around 6-7 years ago after a heart procedure, with the encouragement of my master. As a person who has little patience, he took quite a while to convince me. My only regret is not embarking on it earlier. My mind is definitely calmer and I have mellowed down significantly.
With the increasing popularity of meditation globally, these are some of the interesting facts which I would like to share with you. If you have yet to discover the greatness of mediation, I’d highly encourage you to start RIGHT NOW.
- It can lower your stress– Research shows that even just five minutes per day of focused breathing or mindful movement can help reduce anxiety and depression.
- It can improve focus – Meditation helps increase concentration by training the brain to pay attention more intently on certain stimuli. This means that if you’re trying to learn something new, meditating before class will make learning easier because you’ll already be able to concentrate better than usual.
- General wellness is the number one reason people take up meditation.
- Want to slow the aging process? Meditation is proven to help!
- Research shows meditation can help to relieve lower back pain.
- Struggling with PMS? Meditation could be the solution.
- Meditation can help to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Meditation does have an impact on physical health—but it’s modest.
- Meditation can help you manage your weight.
- If you get nervous visiting your doctor, 10 minutes of meditation could help!