S.P.E.A.R Yoga for Sinusitis
What does S.P.E.A.R stand for?
It means all our structured sequences are :
S – Simple
P – Pain-free
E – Easy
A – Adequate (no other exercise required!)
R – Rejuvenating
Sinuses are naturally occrring airfilled spaces in the skull. Each sinus is covered with mucosal covering. The sinuses are all connected to the nose and mucus produced in the sinuses naturally drain out through the nose.
In sinusitis, the mucous membranes become inflamed and swollen. This obstructs the flow of mucus out of the sinuses and leads to build-up of mucus in the sinuses leading to sinusitits
Even though sinusitis is not a life threatening illness, it can affect one’s daily activities because the symptomps causes a lot of irritation. Sinus congestion can be improved with the practice of yoga that allows sinus pressure to alleviate through certain asanas
What is this workshop about?
Yoga therapy for sinusitis is 2-day workshop aiming to bring comfort and teach sinus patients on specific designed yoga routine that can be self practiced from home which aims to relieve sinusitis.
Who should do this course
Any individuals with sinusitis can do this course to understand and experience the benefits of yoga therapy and how it can help to improve the quality of life
What is covered in the course
- Sinus overview
- How yoga benefits
- Tirisula Yoga Therapy Sequence for Sinusitis
- Specific designed Asanas sequence for to strengthen the respiratory & Immune system
- Yoga Cleansing techniques to clear blockages in sinuses
- Meditation techniques
- Breathing and Pranayama techniques
- Yoga nidra (Relaxation technique) to have better sleep at night
- Alignment of Chakras
- Chakra System and how it affects respiratory system
- Mudra for respiratory system
The structure of the course
- 2 days – (5.5 hrs/day), 7.30am – 1pm
- 3 hours – Practice
- 1 hour – Break
- 1.5 hours – Theory
- SGD 800