S.P.E.A.R Yoga for Colon Cancer
What does S.P.E.A.R stand for?
It means all our structured sequences are :
S – Simple
P – Pain-free
E – Easy
A – Adequate (no other exercise required!)
R – Rejuvenating
Colorectal Cancer, also known as colon cancer is the number one cancer in Sngapore. Colorectal cancer starts from the large intestine (colon and rectum) and generally there are no symptoms until the very late stages.
Living with cancer is an extremely stressful ordeal for both cancer patient and their loved ones. There have been many researches that have proved that yoga for colon cancer helps the patient to cope better with side effects and also improve their quality of life.
What is this workshop about?
Yoga therapy for colorectal cancer is 2-day workshop aiming to bring comfort and quality of life to cancer patients through specific designed yoga practice that can be self practiced from home.
Who should do this course
Any individuals or colon cancer patients can do this course to understand and experience the benefits of yoga therapy and how it can help to improve the quality of life
What is covered in the course
- Colorectal Cancer overview
- How yoga benefits
- Tirisula Yoga Sequence for Colon care
- Pain management
- Specific designed Asanas sequence for the digestive system
- Meditation techniques
- Breathing and Pranayama techniques
- Yoga nidra (relaxation techniques) to help patients sleep better
- Chakra System and how it affects the digestive system
- Mudra for the digestive system
The structure of the course
- 2 days – (5.5 hrs/day), 7.30am – 1pm
- 3 hours – Practice
- 1 hour – Break
- 1.5 hours – Theory
- SGD 800
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6299 5181 / +65 8518 4900 for more information.