Prenatal Yoga TTC
Pre-Post Natal Yoga Course
This Pre-Post Natal Yoga Course (Singapore) is specifically designed for individuals who wish to be certified as a Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT). This training is also open to fitness professionals who want a deeper understanding of pre-natal and post-partum yoga. Learn how to sequence and teach pre-post natal yoga sequences, and how to accommodate pregnant women in your group/private yoga classes.
Upon completion of the required coursework, graduates are required by Yoga Alliance to teach 30 hours of prenatal yoga classes to be eligible to receive the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) designation.
Please note that only students completing the Prenatal Yoga Certification Course from a Yoga Alliance Prenatal Yoga Registered Schools (RPYS) are eligible to register as a RPYT. The school has to meet Yoga Alliance standards.
- Participants from all walks of life are welcome.
Disclaimer: Please seek medical clearance from your healthcare practitioner if you are pregnant and intend to pursue this course.
TOTAL HOURS: 85 hours
Course: 7 hours daily, 7 days (49 Hrs)
Practicum/Homework/Project Work: 36 Hrs
Trainers and Course Facilitators:
Andrea McKenna (RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT)
Andrea, a registered Yoga Alliance instructor, has been practicing yoga for 15+ years and has 12 years professional experience teaching yoga to adults and children of all levels. A former competitive athlete and professional fitness instructor, Andrea discovered the benefits of Hatha, Ashtanga, Bikram and Restorative yoga while training for international and national select-side rugby in the United States. Making the mind-body connection helped her elevate her game performance, support injury recovery and prevention, as well as maintain general training and conditioning. Yoga also improved her mental health, a huge benefit which Andrea seeks to share with yogis of all backgrounds. As she moved on from competitive sports and became a Mommy to baby Georgia Grace in 2012, Andrea sought to expand her yoga experience to include a variety of levels, from beginner to advanced and from children to older practitioners, including practices that feature pre-and post-natal yoga for new Mommies and Mommies-to-be.Andrea has completed Levels 1-5 of training through YogaFit in the United States over the past 10 years. In 2013, she completed the 200-hour Ashtanga Primary Series Teacher Training, as well as Kids Yoga Teacher Training and Pre- and Post-Natal Teacher Training, through Tirisula Yoga in Singapore. Andrea currently teaches Hatha, Ashtanga, Kids and Pre/post Natal classes.
1. General Background in the Specialty Area: 5 hours
- Understanding importance of informed consent and medical clearance
- Understanding how pregnancy affects the psyche of the pregnant and postpartum woman
- Understanding conditions and risk factors that determine high-risk and non-high-risk pregnancy, and how to differentiate between the two
2. Techniques, Training and Practice: 25 hours
- Basic Hatha Vinyasa/ Ashtanga asana and sequences, alignment, pranayama and meditation techniques
- Appropriate asana for each trimester of pregnancy and postpartum
- Proper alignment and modifications for each trimester and postpartum
- Sequencing techniques
- Asana and pranayama contraindications
- Relaxation techniques for stress management, labour and delivery
3. Teaching Methodology: 10 hours
- Learning effective communication skills for special pregnancy and postpartum population
- Sequencing and teaching yoga classes for women in each trimester and postpartum
- Sequencing and teaching yoga classes for beginner, intermediate, advanced pregnant and postpartum women
4. Anatomy and Physiology: 10 hours
- Discussion of pregnancy and the subtle body
- In-depth explanation of the female pelvic anatomy—pelvic movement and pelvic floor muscles
- Anatomical and physiological changes in pregnancy
- Normal labour and delivery process
- Pregnancy-related or pregnancy-induced medical conditions and complications
- Medical terms commonly used in obstetrics
5. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Prenatal Yoga Teachers: 5 hours
- Application of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali during pregnancy
- Application of the Yamas and Niyamas in pregnancy and postpartum
6. Practicum: 20 hours
- Practice teaching with Lead Trainer
- Observation of teaching by Lead Trainer
- Peer teaching (assessed by Lead Trainer)
- Theory test
Early bird SGD 2500 (register and pay at least 8 weeks before the course starts) Promo for early bird @ $2000 only! Sign up early now
Full payment upon registration. You can pay online by Paypal/credit card, or come down to our studio at 80B Arab St to register.
For walk-in registration, NETS, cheque and credit cards (VISA and Mastercard only) are accepted.