Pranayama and Mudras Yoga Teacher Certification
Course fee: SGD 2000 (Early birds) / SGD 2300 (Normal)
Time: Mon to Fri, 7:30am to 1:30pm.
In this 10-day training you get the tools to teach pranayama in yoga classes, pranayama classes and with private clients. This course also explores both gross and subtle physiology, the multidimensional self through the model of the Koshas, the Nadis, and how the life force works within such models and structures. We will also delve into how to use pranayama techniques in a therapeutic setting.
Each morning following the Pranayama practice, we will study the pranayama techniques practiced that morning. You will learn what the bandhas are and how they work, and how to add the practice of MUDRAS and MANTRAS to enhance and empower pranayama practice.
Beyond the inquiry into classical forms of breath control, we will explore the cultivation and mastery of prana in the domains of life beyond the mat and explore the implications of pranayama in our efforts to secure more personal power, accomplishment and a more fulfilling life.
This training is perfect for yoga teachers, doctors, surgeons, nurses, massage therapists, bodywork practitioners, or anyone interested in learning more about pranayama.
You will be taught the following
- the anatomy of pranayama
- the relationship between lungs, diaphragm, abdominal cavity and abdominal muscles and how that relationship creates breathing
- breathing physiology, or function
- 20 – 30 pranayama techniques
- what causes us to breathe?
- how does breathing affect the rest of the body?
- chanting and toning of bija mantras
- anatomy of the respiratory system
- anatomy of the endocrine system
- the Nadis, and the nervous system
- scriptural study as a basis for illuminating and directing pranayama practice
- pranayama in relation to Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- pranayama in relation to Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- one-on-one partnering to improve skillfulness in presenting and facilitating greater self-development
- facilitated posture flows to connect with the voice of prana
- daily simple vinyasa practice
- advanced pranayama
In addition to the above all the questions will be methodically explained for example :
What effect does Nadi Shodhana have on the nervous system, why do some hyperventilate during Kapalabhati, How does Viloma relate to relaxation?
How to lead participants in applying teaching methodology to pranayama so that teaching prana work can become a seamless, effective and meaningful aspect of your teaching.
Students will work in groups to practice using props and hands-on adjustments for pranayama.
Each student will have plenty of opportunity to create pranayama sequences and teach them in front of the group
Please visit the schedule page or email us at email@example.com for the next intake.