Lesson plans for beginners (first timer in yoga
1. Ask the students if any of them have injuries or health problems. Also ask them how long they have been practicing yoga or what type of yoga.
2. Ask students to sit in any comfortable cross leg position, and chant three oms.
3. Guide students to breathe deeply from their both nostrils. (1 minute)
4. Stand and rotate ankles clockwise/counter-clockwise (10times both right/left), rotate knees, rotate hip joints, rotate hips, twist, rotate wrists, rotate shoulders and finally slowly tilt head right and left, up and down and rotate.
5. Come to stand in front of the mat and inhale raise both hands up raising both heels up to stand on tip of the toes and stretch whole body towards ceiling (continue breathing, count 5). Heels down and repeat for 3 times.
6. Come on hands and knees. Inhale head up/chest down/tail bone up and exhale head down round spine and tuck tail. Repeat 5 times
7. Inhale raise right leg, point toe toward right side and exhale bring leg to right side. Inhale back and repeat 3 times. Do the left side.
8. Come up on knees. Stretch left leg to the left side and place the foot in the line of the right knee. Inhale bring right arm up straight and exhale bend to the left side. 5 breaths. Each time inhale stretch, exhale go deeper. Do the opposite side.
9. Downward facing dog. 5 breathing.
10. Inhale bring right leg in front between hands and exhale high lunge. Stretch arms up and sink deeper. Each inhalation stretch arms back and exhalation go down.
Inhale up and arms down go back to downward facing dog. Do the other side of high lunge.
11. Inhale legs straight, turn the body to the side and bring left foot in. bring up both arms to sides and exhale go to right side and do triangle. Count 10. Inhale up. Turn feet around to do the left side. Repeat from the right side.
12. Stand in front of mat and mountain. Inhale bring right foot to the left thigh, tree pose. 10 count. Do the other side.
13. Stand in front and mountain. Bring arms back and interlace fingers and forward bend. Count 20.
14. Downward facing dog. 5 breaths. Bring knees chest chin down. Inhale baby cobra. Hold 20 count. Downward facing dog. 5 breaths, knees chest chin down, inhale baby cobra/high cobra.
15. Child’s pose. 10 breaths.
16. Sit in butterfly and knees up and down.
17. Happy baby pose.
18. Lie down, bend right knee and twist to the left. Do opposite side.
20. Move feet and fingers and stretch. Turn to one side and sit, eyes remain closed. Rub palms and warm eye sockets. Brink and open eyes.