Tirisula Yoga Kriya (Cleansing) Kits
Note: Content below is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Jala Neti (Nasal Cleansing) is an ancient yogic technique used to maintain good sinus and nasal health. The warm saline solution used during Jala Neti helps rinse out dirt and bacteria trapped in the mucous lining of the nasal cavity. The sinus passages will be also be drained as the flow of water through the nasal cavity creates vacuum pressure.
Benefits of nasal cleansing
- reduces the frequency and duration of common colds
- relieves symptoms of chronic sinusitis, asthma
- beneficial for some types of ear disorders
- balances emotions
- relieves headaches, migraine and general mental tension
Instructions (best performed first thing in the morning)
1. Clean Jala Neti Pot thoroughly before use
2. Mix a pinch of salt with warm water (saline solution) in pot
3. Test the temperature of the water on your hand (should not be too hot, or too cold)
4. Stand over the bathroom sink and insert spout into one nostril.
5. Make sure nostril covers entire spout
6. Breath through the mouth
7. Tilt your head sideways away from the pot and let the saline solution gently exit through the opposite nostril
8. When pot is empty, repeat steps 1-7 with the other nostril
9. Watch the video for a demo!
Not eliminating regularly or having unsatisfying trips to the loo? You might have some junk trapped in your colon that could potentially make you feel ill and sluggish. Eating more fibre-rich foods would be a first step to feeling better, but dry, caked-on waste might still be in the way. That’s where colon cleansing comes in.
Benefits of colon cleansing:
- Loosens up stagnant waste in colon
- Increases body’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients
- Combats choleterol
- Clears harmful bacteria and parasites
- Relieves flatulence and constipation
- Clears complexion, promotes general well-being
Instructions (best performed on empty stomach):
- Wash enema pot, tube and tip thoroughly before use
- Apply lubricant to tip e.g. Vaseline
- Keep enema tip leveled with pot to prevent water flowing out at this point
- Fill enema pot with warm water and 1 teaspoon of salt, mix well (test temperature of water with your hand)
- Lift pot higher than tip and let saline solution flow out to release air bubbles then pinch the tube to stop the flow
- Find a spot near to the toilet
- Lie down on your left side, bend right knee to the chest, relax and insert about 4cm of enema tip into anus
- Lift pot higher than abdomen and saline solution should start draining into your colon
- When pot is empty, retain saline solution in the colon and remove enema tip
- Churn saline solution in colon to loosen up impurities by performing Uddiyana Bandha and Nauli for about 3-5 minutes (or lie on your belly and roll from left to right)
- Sit on the toilet and wait for bowel movement
- Enjoy the light, refreshing feeling!
- Clean enema pot thoroughly and refrain from sharing it with others
- Nasal Cleansing – include young children, people with acute sinus problems and infections
- Colon Cleansing – include young children, people suffering from severe hemorrhoids, hernias, fissures/fistulas, diarrhea and vomiting
Shop online or visit our store at 80B Arab Street:
- Yogafixe online shop
- Yogafixe @ 80B Arab Street