Children’s Yoga TTC
Children’s Yoga Course
This Children’s Yoga Course (Singapore) previously known as Kids Yoga Certification Course specifically designed for individuals who wish to be certified as a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT). It’s open to yoga teachers and fitness professionals who love working with children. Participants in this course will learn fun-filled ways to engage children of all ages, providing them with the necessary tools to live a healthy, peaceful and well-balanced life.
Our approach to children’s yoga incorporates the use of asana, pranayama, props, music, art, games, storytelling, and imagination to stimulate children’s senses, while stretching and strengthening their developing bodies.
Upon completion of the required coursework, graduates are required by Yoga Alliance to teach 30 hours of children’s yoga classes to be eligible to receive the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation.
TOTAL HOURS: 95 hours
Course: 7 hours daily, 7 days (49 Hrs)
Practicum/Homework/Project Work: 46 Hrs
Timing: 8am to 3pm
- Participants from all walks of life are welcome.
- Anyone can be taught.
1. General Background in the Specialty Area: 12 hours
- Benefits of children’s yoga
- How to teach children from different age groups (ages 2-4, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15) and mixed age groups
- Understanding the different developmental stages (ages 2-4, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15)
- How to communicated effectively with parents, guardians and teachers
2. Techniques, Training and Practice: 20 hours
- Basic Hatha Vinyasa/ Ashtanga asanas and sequences, alignment, pranayama and meditation techniques
- Asana sequences and creative movement routines appropriate to age group and developmental stage
- Proper alignment and modifications specific to age group and developmental stage
- Learning children’s yoga sequencing techniques
- Understanding asana and pranayama contraindications in children
- Application and teaching of relaxation techniques
- Use of games, books and activities
- Incorporation of music, songs and chanting
3. Teaching Methodology: 15 hours
- Children’s yoga lesson planning
- Organisation of games and activities
- Learning behavioral classroom management techniques
- Communication with children from different age groups and children with special needs
- Understanding the different needs and conditions of special needs children
- Applying modifications to accommodate special needs children
- Using songs, stories and other activities to express Yogic principles and asanas
4. Anatomy and Physiology: 10 hours
- Understanding basic normal human anatomy (in particular organ, musculoskeletal and endocrine systems) and physiology (including concept of homeostasis in the human body)
- Understanding childhood developmental anatomy and physiology
- Application of childhood developmental anatomy and physiology to asanas and pranayama (including benefits, contraindications, normal ranges of movement)
- Understanding energy anatomy and physiology (including chakras, nadis)
5. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Children’s Yoga Teachers: 12 hours
- Application of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali to children
- Application of the Yamas and Niyamas in children at different age groups
- Discussion of ethical language and behviour both when parents or guardians are present and when they are not
- Understanding supervision requirements of children and special needs children
6. Practicum: 18 hours
- Practice teaching with Lead Trainer
- Obervation of teaching by Lead Trainer
- Peer teaching (assessed by Lead Trainer)
- Theory test
SGD 2300 (Standard) / SGD 2000 (Early bird)
Full payment upon registration. You can pay online by credit card, or come down to our studio to register.
For walk-in registration, cash, cheque and credit card are accepted. Please call us before coming!