Pre-Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training
Pre-Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training with Dr. Ley Chua, Master Satya and Andrea McKenna
This Pre-Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training (Singapore) is specifically designed for individuals who wish to be certified as a Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT). This training is also open to fitness professionals who want a deeper understanding of pre-natal and post-partum yoga. Learn how to sequence and teach pre-post natal yoga sequences, and how to accommodate pregnant women in your group/private yoga classes.
Upon completion of the required coursework, graduates are required by Yoga Alliance to teach 30 hours of prenatal yoga classes to be eligible to receive the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) designation.
Please note that only students completing the Prenatal Yoga Certification Course from a Yoga Alliance Prenatal Yoga Registered Schools (RPYS) are eligible to register as a RPYT. The school has to meet Yoga Alliance standards.
- Must have completed a 200hr yoga teacher training with a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200). Non-RYS 200 certificates will not allow you to register as a RPYT
- Most medical conditions are accepted and teachers will evaluate on case by case basis. Medical clearance from your physician will be required.
- Participants from all walks of life are welcome.
Disclaimer: Please seek medical clearance from your healthcare practitioner if you are pregnant and intend to pursue this course.
TOTAL HOURS: 85 hours
Course: 7.5 hours daily, 10 days (75 Hrs)
Practicum/Homework/Project Work: 10 Hrs
Trainers and Course Facilitators:
Dr Ley Chua (MBBS, Bsc in Molecular Medicine, RYT 200)
Ley graduated with her medical degree and BSc in Molecular Medicine from the University of London, UK, and formerly practised medicine at various hospitals in Singapore. She subsequently went on to set up and conduct medical-related entrepreneurial businesses in the global market. Years before, as a doctor, Dr Ley has helped mothers delivered babies (normal and C-section) as well as stitched lots of episiotomies. Now, she is a Yoga teacher! A very valuable Tirisula Yoga Trainer who has Western medical knowledge together with Traditional Chinese Medince theories, and also practices Yoga and teaches Yoga as well. Click to view full Dr Ley Chua’s profile.
Master Satya Chong Wei Ling (E-RYT 500, RPYT)
For Pre natal Yoga, Satya has taught more than 200 pregnant mums and has trained over 40 Yoga teachers to become certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher. She was often invited to give presentations in conferences with more than 50 pregnant mothers attendees. She also gave awareness talks and previews in Singapore hospitals to educate the masses about the benefits of Pre natal Yoga.
She is also the Master Trainer for 200hr and 300hr Yoga Teacher Training Certifications, Yoga Therapy Certification and Pilates Instructor Course. Click to view full Satya’s profile.
Andrea McKenna (RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT)
Andrea, a registered Yoga Alliance instructor, has been practicing yoga for 15+ years and has 12 years professional experience teaching yoga to adults and children of all levels. A former competitive athlete and professional fitness instructor, Andrea discovered the benefits of Hatha, Ashtanga, Bikram and Restorative yoga while training for international and national select-side rugby in the United States. Click to view Andrea’s full profile.
1. General Background in the Specialty Area: 5 hours
- Understanding importance of informed consent and medical clearance
- Understanding how pregnancy affects the psyche of the pregnant and postpartum woman
- Understanding conditions and risk factors that determine high-risk and non-high-risk pregnancy, and how to differentiate between the two
2. Techniques, Training and Practice: 25 hours
- Basic Hatha Vinyasa/ Ashtanga asana and sequences, alignment, pranayama and meditation techniques
- Appropriate asana for each trimester of pregnancy and postpartum
- Proper alignment and modifications for each trimester and postpartum
- Sequencing techniques
- Asana and pranayama contraindications
- Relaxation techniques for stress management, labour and delivery
3. Teaching Methodology: 10 hours
- Learning effective communication skills for special pregnancy and postpartum population
- Sequencing and teaching yoga classes for women in each trimester and postpartum
- Sequencing and teaching yoga classes for beginner, intermediate, advanced pregnant and postpartum women
4. Anatomy and Physiology: 10 hours
- Discussion of pregnancy and the subtle body
- In-depth explanation of the female pelvic anatomy—pelvic movement and pelvic floor muscles
- Anatomical and physiological changes in pregnancy
- Normal labour and delivery process
- Pregnancy-related or pregnancy-induced medical conditions and complications
- Medical terms commonly used in obstetrics
5. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Prenatal Yoga Teachers: 5 hours
- Application of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali during pregnancy
- Application of the Yamas and Niyamas in pregnancy and postpartum
6. Practicum: 20 hours
- Practice teaching with Lead Trainer
- Obervation of teaching by Lead Trainer
- Peer teaching (assessed by Lead Trainer)
- Theory test
Guess who is really pregnant and who is not??
Early bird SGD 2700 (register and pay at least 8 weeks before the course starts)
Full payment upon registration. You can pay online by credit card, or come down to our studio at 80B Arab St to register.
For walk-in registration, cash, cheque and credit card are accepted. Please address cheque to “TIRISULA YOGA LLP”
Weekdays, Mon to Fri 7.30am to 3pm
8 June to 19 June (Early bird fees extended for this batch)
Weekends, Sat & Sun 7.30am to 3pm
15 Aug to 13 Sep
Any questions about Pre Natal and Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training Certification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.