Pilates on the Ball Certification
This Pilates on the Ball Certification workshop is an extension for the Pilates Matwork Instructor Course. There is so much of fun exercising on the ball, which adds variety and challenges to the Pilates Matwork exercises.
Its fun and hard core!!
Have completed a Pilates Matwork Instructor Course. Those who have medical conditions would have to seek doctor’s permission before joining.
Course: 25 hrs – 5 days of 5 hrs each day, Mon to Fri, 8am to 1pm
Practicum: 15 hrs
Assignment: 10 hrs
What will be covered:
- Benefits for Pilates on the ball
- Differences between ball and matwork
- Pilates on the ball exercises from beginners, immediate to advanced practitioners.
- Pilates exercises with big fit ball (stability ball)
- Pilates exercises with small ball
- How to get the heart rate up for stability ball exercises
- Fun partner and group games on the ball
- Focus and center yourself on the ball
- Safety issue in the environment
- How to choose the ball of a correct size
- Revisit Joseph Pilates Principles
- Revisit the 5 basic principles
- Anatomy: Identifying stabilizing muscles
- Anatomy: Recap of Postural Analysis
- Theory of balance
- Understand Kinesiology, Physiology and Biomechanics and how it relates to integration of the core muscles during activity using a Stability Ball
- Safety cueing and precautions
- Teaching methodology
- Using music
- Lesson planning for beginners’ class, intermediate class and advanced class.
- Bonus: Foam roller exercises included!
Early bird: SGD 1300 (Register and pay at least 8 weeks before the start date of the course)
- Full payment upon registration
- Interest free installments plan (up to 36 months) available for UOB credit card holders.
This is taught in a small group setting, maximum of 8 participants per batch. Sign up early to reserve a space.
Please check the schedule page –> click on the Pilates tab and check the date for the upcoming batch.
Or call +65 8571 5701 or +65 9009 8889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.